Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Just a few FYIs

These are just a few pointers that have helped me a long the way with staying on track. I hope it helps you just as it helped me!!

#1 READ FOOD LABELS

You should read food labels like your Facebook feed!! No seriously..nowadays you need to be aware of what you are putting in your mouth that can harm your body in the long run.

If you see the following...don't EAT!

* Simple Sugars
* Enriched, bleached or refined flour.
* High frutose corn syrup.
* Saturated fat
* Trans fat

Putting them into your body is like dunking your cell phone in a glass of water. It'll cause your system to short out your hormones and send your body confusing messages about eating.

#2 Quench Your Thirst (Don't Feed It)

In other words...drink plenty of water on a daily basis. If your like me I add a few lemon slices to my water which adds a little flavor to it!!

#3 Limit Your Alcohol Intake

For weight loss, avoid drinking excessive alcohol not solely because of its own calories, but also because of the calories it inspires you to consume later. When I started my change I gave up drinking altogether. I know some people just have to hit up a happy hour or two and have a few drinks. However I will post a blog later listing some better choices to drinking for those that just have to have a drink!!

#4 Eat the Right Kinds of Carbs

Make sure you eat whole grains and vegetables and stay away from the processed snack foods and baked goods. 

~Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment